Terms and Conditions
- When you register with The Really Good Book Shop website, you will be required to choose a contact email address and password. You are responsible for all sessions and transactions taken under these details. You should keep your password safe and not disclose it to anyone. You should change it immediately if you feel it has been compromised.
- If any of your details change, such as your credit card billing address, you may update your details by logging in to your account on The Really Good Book Shop website, and updating your details
The contract between us
- Any contract for purchases made through The Really Good Book Shop website will be with The Really Good Book Shop retail store situated at Shop 4/1-3 Central Court, HILLCREST, QUEENSLAND 4118 AUSTRALIA. Our Australian Business Number is 29 761 626 043.
- The Really Good Book Shop must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted, and the contract formed. Payment is taken at the point of order. Once payment has been received The Really Good Book Shop will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you provide. The order confirmation email will include your name, the order number and the total price. The Really Good Book Shop acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
- The Really Good Book Shop is entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by email. This will be to inform you of the correct price of the goods, and to ask you if you wish to continue with the order at the amended price, or to cancel the order altogether.
Your right of cancellation
- You can cancel your order without giving any reason prior to the goods being shipped. You must notify us of your cancellation. You can notify us by contacting us at email@example.com
- We will refund the price of the item no later than 3 days from the day on which we receive your cancellation. We will refund the same means of payment as you used to make your purchase. Please see Returns / Refunds for how to return items you have received for a refund.
Availability of goods you order
If The Really Good Book Shop has insufficient stock to deliver the goods ordered by you, we will notify you as soon as possible. You may choose between a refund or wait for the item to come back into stock. If you choose a refund, any sum debited by The Really Good Book Shop from your credit card will be re-credited to your account and The Really Good Book Shop will notify you by email at the address given by you in your order form. The refund will be made as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order. The Really Good Book Shop will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
Please remember some stock is subject to availability. We update our website as quickly as we can to minimise disappointment. The process of updating the website when goods have sold out may take a few hours. Please note that the price the goods are offered for are as displayed in your shopping basket.
Delivery of goods to you
The Really Good Book Shop will post, or arrange a courier on your behalf, for the goods ordered by you to the person and address you give The Really Good Book Shop at the time you make your order. Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of dispatch of the order. All delivery times quoted on the web site are estimates only, based on availability, normal processing and delivery companies. You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when the goods are dispatched to you from our retail store.
Goods and Services Tax (GST)
All prices displayed on The Really Good Book Shop website are inclusive of Australian GST (10% or 1/11 of the total price).
Goods sold by The Really Good Book Shop that are dispatched to addresses outside Australia are not subject to Australian GST. When ordering goods from The Really Good Book Shop for delivery overseas, you may be subject to import duties and taxes that are levied once the package reaches your country. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.
Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, please note that when ordering from The Really Good Book Shop, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods.
This is as follows:
- If the goods The Really Good Book Shop delivers are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, The Really Good Book Shop shall have no liability to you unless you notify The Really Good Book Shop in writing at The Really Good Book Shop contact address of the problem within 14 working days of the delivery of the goods in question.
- If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which they were dispatched to you, The Really Good Book Shop shall have no liability to you unless you notify The Really Good Book Shop in writing at The Really Good Book Shop contact address of the problem within 40 days of the date on which the goods were dispatched to you.
- If you report a problem to The Really Good Book Shop under this condition, The Really Good Book Shop's only obligation will be to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question to the original method of payment. In the case of theft of goods at or near your delivery address you must assist The Really Good Book Shop by reporting any such theft to police in your local jurisdiction. In the case of theft of goods The Really Good Book Shop shall have no liability to you unless you provide The Really Good Book Shop in writing at The Really Good Book Shop contact address a valid police report number.
- The Really Good Book Shop will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you report to The Really Good Book Shop under this condition and The Really Good Book Shop shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under paragraph (c) above.
- Nothing in this condition is, however, intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit The Really Good Book Shop liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
Nothing in this contract creates any right which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to the contract.
The Really Good Book Shop shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
If any part of these conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which The Really Good Book Shop excludes its liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
The Really Good Book Shop operates a complaints handling procedure which is used to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. If you have a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Australian law, and the Australian courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
These terms and conditions, together with the current The Really Good Book Shop website prices, delivery details and The Really Good Book Shop contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the goods to you by The Really Good Book Shop. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by the owner of The Really Good Book Shop. In particular nothing said by any sales person on behalf of The Really Good Book Shop should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by The Really Good Book Shop. The Really Good Book Shop shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. The Really Good Book Shop shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this website or its contents.
The Really Good Book Shop is providing this site and its contents (including any downloadable data or software) on an 'as is' basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, The Really Good Book Shop makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site or that any software or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of The Really Good Book Shop howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Neither The Really Good Book Shop nor any of its owners, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Our website may contain hyperlinks. These hyperlinks connect you to sites of other organisations which are not our responsibility. We have used our reasonable endeavours in preparing our own website and the information included in it is done so in good faith. However, we have no control over any of the information you can access via other websites. Therefore, no mention of any organisation, company or individual to which our website is linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, company or individual on the part of The Really Good Book Shop.
All design, text, graphics and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of The Really Good Book Shop, or of other copyright owners. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with The Really Good Book Shop, or using this site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this site (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution, or republication) without the prior written permission of The Really Good Book Shop is strictly prohibited.
Trade Marks, Names and Logos
The Really Good Book Shop business name and The Really Good Book Shop logo belong to The Really Good Book Shop. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos used in this site are the property of their respective owners. No permission is given by The Really Good Book Shop in respect of the use of its or any such other trademarks, product names, titles or logos and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder's rights.
In these terms and conditions:-
'The Really Good Book Shop' means The Really Good Book Shop 4/1-3 Central Court, HILLCREST QUEENSLAND 4118 AUSTRALIA and any successor to its business;
'working day' means every day of a calendar year apart from weekends and statutory and public holidays;
'us' means The Really Good Book Shop and you together; and
'you' and 'your' means the person ordering goods under these terms and conditions.